Roy Week

• Roy Week

I can't say for sure if our Roy looks like the picture, but in deference to my wife when I was looking for pictures of famous "Roys", we choose the horse one. Maybe I've been mucking too many stalls.

When I get articles from authors, it's often one or two that I get and then they move on with their life. Once in awhile the writing bug strikes someone and I'll get 4 or 6 articles in a year, but for most, they find they enjoy sharing, but writing is something they were happy to leave behind in college.

And sometimes I get articles that are long and drawn out, sometimes wandering a bit as they try to get their message across. So I try and suggest breaks in places that make sense. Or help them to focus each article on one part of the message that is being presented. We want you to learn, but we want these to be 15-minute, cup of coffee articles. That's including the comment you leave at the end 🙂

So when I got a nice, well written, 4-part series, I decided to run it all in one week. So this week is "Roy Week" at SQLServerCentral.com, with a nice four part series on Monitoring space on your SQL Server. It's a handy series that I think you'll enjoy and I'll try to remember to get the links edited between them each day for the previous days.

So I hope you enjoy "Roy Week" and leave some kind notes for Roy and his hard work in writing and sharing this with you.

I know I appreciate it. This is my last chance to get ready for the PASS conference before flying out next week, so I've got lots of other things to do. Thanks again, Roy!

Steve Jones

• Hi Steve,

I just wanted to say THANKS for doing what you do.  The coffee break articles is how I learned most of what I know about SQL.

Thanks again and keep going,

Jen

• Let me say ditto for jennifer1019's statement ... THANKS

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• You are very welcome and thanks for the note.

Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply