Rowcount for subset of data in temp table

• Thank you, Seth, for all your assistance. You have been an immense help; I did move forward a bit on this process, thanks to some of your suggestions!

I used the TempID column in the temp table to find the row of the first person in the group, then did rowcount +1 and rowcount -1 to find the rows previous to and following the group. Once I found that, I created another temp table, ran a couple of separate queries to insert the data into that secondary temp table, and then did one final query to perform the calculations necessary for the final numbers.

Not an elegant approach, to say the least, but it seemed to do the job.

Today the specs just morphed into another constraint...we don't want to include any route which doesn't pick up more than one person for the group. So I think this is going to involve altering the Where statement on the main temp table to group on address having count > 1, or something to that effect. (I seem to know just enough to get me in trouble...hehehe)

At any rate, I truly appreciate the time you've put into assisting me with this! I am impressed to have received such friendly and knowledgeable help. I'll definitely be returning here seeking answers in the future as you've demonstrated there's no shortage of knowledge here.

Thank you again!

• My pleasure. Let us know if you need any help adapting to the new requirements.

Seth Phelabaum

Consistency is only a virtue if you're not a screwup. 😉

Links: How to Post Sample Data[/url] :: Running Totals[/url] :: Tally Table[/url] :: Cross Tabs/Pivots[/url] :: String Concatenation[/url]

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply