Rotated Text with Interactive Sort -- can't control vertical alignment?

• I have a few table column headers that are rotated vertically (tb-rl) so that information will fit on the screen. I have a need, however, to include Interactive Sorting on these same columns.

When these columns have Interactive Sorting turned on, the text ends up aligning in the center, vertically (when viewed in Report Manager) instead of keeping the text either all aligned from the top (where the text "hangs down) or aligning to the bottom so that the text "stands up".

Is there a way to overcome the interactive sort "interference" so that the rotated text column headers can have a clean alignment rather than looking like a goofy wave of text?

thanks in advance,

pete

• I've just come to the realization that interactive sorting makes a text field render in the "middle" vertically even if the text is displayed horizontally -- this occurs when the report is rendered in Report Manager. (In BIDS, everything looks fine.)

So, it seems a solution to override the vertical centering behaviour of text field with interactive sorting is what I'm ultimately after.

• Why not just add a very thin row for the interactive sort control below your label headers?

• Daniel Bowlin (5/18/2011)

Why not just add a very thin row for the interactive sort control below your label headers?

That's exactly what I've already begun to implement as a "work-around." It's not ideal, but it is "good enough". (Actually, I'm surprised how good the work around is.) The only minor catch is when the report is exported to excel wherein a user would then need to delete the extra interactive-sort row from the excel file.

Thanks for offering some help, nonetheless.

--Pete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply