Ronald Reagan, 1911-2004

• Do you even know what the definition of right wing is? Better yet, what the meaning of "is" is?

• "..he was a disgusting, contemptible piece of right-wing garbage"

My comments in my previous post were inflamed by this comment that had been re-quoted. I was hoping that one would die. I don't mean to be contempt but comments like that do seem stupid and not well thought out.

I'm just saying that "right wing" is not so bad and neither is "left wing" as long as the extremes are kept in balance. I have values on both sides of politics that I support. The thing you learn as you go through this life is that it is a balance of scales, especially politics.

It's like your children, one day you will have to take their candy away and the next you will be giving them a bucketful. You would always want your children to respect those decisions.

Once you understand the pendulum swing of politics, you can learn to respect EITHER side. Don't worry, it will swing again but in the meantime, pay respects to those who served in the highest ranks of this country or any democratic country because they worked hard within the "realm of government" to support all your values. Fortunately for us, they are not dictators.

• I think short sighted is probably the best term I can think of. Raid the coffers, spend without taxing ... As long as were currently ok who cares about the future. $4 Bill defecit that is still swelling, notch babies, tax breaks for rich, ignoring global warming.

Oh well, I'm not having children so why do I care right?

• Look on the bright side guys, we have to put up with Tony Blair.

• This is a  US member's reply:

"... You people need to just accept that Ronald Reagon was a great man and a great President.  He did so much for this country (and the world) just as the current president is."

It look's to my that you, North American people are living in a dream world. Either you are being cheated by newpapers, or you don't care about the rest of the world.

The world it is a complete caos and a dissaster. And the current president  is making it even worst.

• You people from outside this great country make me sad. We have saved this world and continue to drive this world economically. We are not Europe, we are not Asia, we are nothing but the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! We have the greatest country on earth and probably of all time. Any degrading comments against our presidents (ANY PRESIDENT) from people outside of this great country is just noise. All of our presidents have been at the very least good statesmen. They have all helped this world out in one way or another. Be thankful this great country is here to try to protect the liberties of all. The alternative could be Hitler, Stalin, Husain, or Kolmani (I know I spell badly).

• You should read more about history, and I mean "Both sides of the story".

• Guys,

Whatever your opinions, you just don't know how lucky you are.

A few days back, I quietly posted my own sincerely felt tribute to the Republican Party's web site, commemorating the product that we all fondly knew as SQL Server 6.5, and you would not believe the mauling I got there for mixing politics with technology.

Those people are just SO opinionated about database software.

You'd think they did it for a living they way they went on about it.....

Jon

• Journeyman, that's great! The dem's are the same way. When will politicians realize that databases are best left to the db admins?

• "This is an American site" ???

YOU may be an American, but this is quite clearly an international site judging by the people that post here. It could be argued that there is no such thing as an American or any other national site on a global media like the web.

I was quite saddened to see such a completely inappropriate posting on such an otherwise worthwhile website. I come here to discuss SQL Server not to read about peoples opinions about politics. Isn't there enough of that going about elsewhere without you folks jumping on the bandwagon too?

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply