Roles from excel

• I have set up a cube a define several roles, I restricted some dimensions depending on role. Whe I test the role in the "Cube Role Manager" it's OK, the role can see only the allowed dimensions. But when I login to the cube from excel the user belonging to the restricted role can see all dimensions, no matter if they are restricted or not for that user.

Could somebody tell me what could be wrong, any help is wellcome.

Thanks

• afrugone -

Excel should respect the roles defined. So, what you are experiencing is not a deficiency in the tool.

So, let's consider the easy potential causes first:

Are there any other roles defined for the user in question? In most cases, Excel will grant the most liberal of permissions.

When creating a connection to the cube, it is possible to use Windows authentication or specific ID/Password authentication. This connection definition becomes embedded in the .xls file. So, be sure to use a Windows authentication scheme when creating a new spreadsheet (and be sure the restricted user is the current user).

If neither of these corrects the problem we can do some more exotic problem-solving.

Scot J Reagin

sreagin@aspirity.com

Scot J Reagin
    sreagin@hitachiconsulting.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply