Rolemanagement in Projects

• Ahoi,

i have the following situation:

We have a 2nd OLAP Database (SSAS Project) for the purpose of writing back Data from Excel back to the server.

It is seperated into a seperated project and therefore into a seperate cube, because:

• its just a simple version limited to certain measures and dimensions
    • because writing back causes OLAP locks (told by external consultant) which could be conflicts with processing cubes and writing back which happens during many times of the da
    • SSAS Roles in the MAIN (not write back) project are maintained/cared for by users (adding roles/adding AD Users/Groups to roles)

Now i have the problem that i have 2 projects and in my writeback project i dont have the ROLES from the main project, which i need so that the users can acess this writeback cube.

My question is:

Is there a proper way to migrate/update the roles from one project to the other one?

It is not that the roles change to often, but i need a way (preferably job and therefore scheduled) to get the Roles in my new OLAP AS project or if that is not possible, migrate/update them from OLAP Database to OLAP Database.

AYAYA

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  ktflash.
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply