Revised - dt_ stored procedure in every database and its purpose(URGENT)

• Hi Gurus,

Sql server 2000 Ent. edition Sp3

Win 2000

What is the use of dt_ stored procedures in every database. I observed when we create a blank database there are no dt_ stored procedure created in the database. Once you create a single table in the same database , this bunch of dt_ stored procedure created.

While seeing the code it seems these are used for some kind VSS versioning, but my observation is that even if we are not using VSS source safe these stored procedures are created.

My questions are -

1. What is exact use of these stored procedures ?

2. What if I remove these stored procedure from production environment , as there is no VSS we are using ?

3. What need to setup to not create this sps automatically in each and every database. ?

I want to know more about these SPs, Please forward me any link related to these dt_ SPs. . Early reponse is highly appreciated.

TIA,

Sheilesh

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• These are part of DTS ("dt_" = data transformation...). They are managed by the system. I would leave them alone.

(I haven't researched into whether it is safe or not to delete them.)

• the dtproperties table contains the diagrams. I believe you get the DT_ stored procedures once you create diagrams. The SP's are required to draw the diagrams.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply