Review Early and Often

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Review Early and Often

• Beautifully enunciated. The first cornerstone laid for a towering skyscraper determines every downstream window view. Reminds me of working my way through school on a construction crew as a masonry tender. When the scaffolding was hastily assembled without leveling - by the time we got up 4 stories the 3 degree initial yaw that was previously unnoticeable - became a life threatening situation. When pallets of new cement blocks were laid on - everything swayed and the masons stated that they were going to live by holding onto the wall, and that the "college boy" standing a half level higher feeding them block was a goner... I did internally note that the recently laid blocks with still-wet mortar might not hold as desired.

• Excellent article, Louis! This makes me wonder about some of the meetings I've been involved in over the years. I've always gone into them with the idea that I can contribute suggestions for improvement, if I see any needed improvements. But perhaps I was considered nothing more than a building inspector, just there to see if anything might kill someone.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply