Restoring SQL 2000 Backup to another domain

• I am making 6 duplicate test servers of our SQL 2000 production server and they all sit on another domain.

Our test app is failing to connect to the test servers using NT authentication.

Is there anything I should know about configuration on 2000 and the NT logins that I have scripted onto the new test boxes?

Someone I work with thinks it may be to do with a setting that decides whether to pass the domain name or not with NT authentication. Does such a setting exist?

Cheers

• Hello,

It seems your logins might have been orphaned. Whenever you restore a database from one server to another server, there might or might not exist all the logins that have been created on the other server to which you are restoring. In this case, you need to find out the orphaned users and accordingly create the respective logins on the other server. You can check the system procedure

sp_change_users_login

in BOL for full details.

Hope this helps you in resolving.

Thanks

Lucky

• Cheers.

It was strange as obviously the users restored with the databases, and I scripted in the Logins, and when I ran a comparison query to see if the Users were attached to the Logins all but 1 login had generated the correct sid to match. I was surprised I must admit.

So I have ruled out login issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply