restoring master database

• Hi, does anyone know if there would be any conflicts if I restored an old master database backup to a server with an existing master database, and renaming it?

cheers

• Make sure u  r backup has got all the new details which you have entered the the master database .

1. changes in databases.

2. Changes in server settings

• If I understand you correctly, you want to restore an old copy of master but call it something else, such as FRED.  If you do this there will be no conflicts with your real master database.  FRED will be a user database, not a system database, and will be treated by SQL in the same way as any other user database.

Some of the data in the real master database is populated dynamically by SQL, and this will not be available in your FRED database.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply