Restoring Features

• I got it right because I have seen this exact question before. Back then I haven't answered it correctly.

I see how that can be problematic with large backups.

Thanks for the question.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Andre Guerreiro Neto

Database Analyst
    http://www.softplan.com.br
    MCITPx1/MCTSx2/MCSE/MCSA

• Thanks for the question.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• paul s-306273

Way back in the beginning, to make the site more attractive to those interested in Microsoft's SQL Server the founders decided to award points to the site users. 1 point for each forum posting, and additional points for answering the question of the day. Some one (Steve is the only one who knows whom) decided to add a touch by creating categories of points awarded and assigned fun, but descriptive names at various point levels. The latest listing that I could find is displayed below. To earn the title "Say Hey Kid" you have earned at least 661 points, through correctly answering QODs plus postings.

ForumName Threshold

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Newbie 0

Grasshopper 10

SSC Rookie 25

Valued Member 50

SSC Journeyman 75

SSC Enthusiastic 100

SSC Veteran 200

Old Hand 300

SSC Addicted 400

Mr. or Mrs. 500 500

SSChasing Mays 600

Say Hey Kid 661

Right There with Babe 714

SCC Eights 800

Ten Centuries 1000

Default port 1433

UDP Broadcaster 1434

SSCommitted 1500

SSCrazy 2000

Hall of Fame 3000

SSCarpal Tunnel 4000

SSCertifiable 5000

SSCrazy Eights 8000

SSChampion 10000

SSCoach 15001

SSC-Insame 20000

One Orange Chip 25000

SSC-Dedicated 30000

SSC-Forever 40000

SSC Guru 50000

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Guessed it, missed it and was disappointed that it works that way. Thanks for the question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• The category "Right There with Babe" is another baseball reference:

George Herman Ruth, Jr. (February 6, 1895 – August 16, 1948), best known as "Babe" Ruth, was an American Major League baseball player from 1914–1935. Ruth's lifetime total of 714 home runs at his retirement in 1935.

• Got it wrong because my experiance and M$ docs aparently do not match with that of the rest of the world. 😛 Maybe I should start including MS Connect posts in all my research. 😉

Steve, didn't your last "SQL Server License version caused a Backup Failure" connect post get tabled becuase of the dificulty of finding space in the Backup file BOOT or Loader header for this information?

I guess the right thing for M$ to do would be either to document how to do this without a failure or update the M$ SQL documentaion to match "$pecial" behavior that was so obviously tacked on.

• SanDroid (7/14/2011)

Got it wrong because my experiance and M$ docs aparently do not match with that of the rest of the world. 😛 Maybe I should start including MS Connect posts in all my research. 😉

Steve, didn't your last "SQL Server License version caused a Backup Failure" connect post get tabled becuase of the dificulty of finding space in the Backup file BOOT or Loader header for this information?

I guess the right thing for M$ to do would be either to document how to do this without a failure or update the M$ SQL documentaion to match "$pecial" behavior that was so obviously tacked on.

That connect item is in the answer's explaination.

• Richard Warr (7/14/2011)

Good question but haven't we seen it before?

I thought so too, though I can't find the previous question. So, an easy 'green tick' for me today, but only because it was a memory test 🙂

• SQLkiwi (7/14/2011)

Richard Warr (7/14/2011)

I thought so too, though I can't find the previous question. So, an easy 'green tick' for me today, but only because it was a memory test 🙂

+1 I've seen this from Steve in the last few months. Not 100% sure it was a question but it's high up there.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/14/2011)

SanDroid (7/14/2011)

Got it wrong because my experiance and M$ docs aparently do not match with that of the rest of the world. 😛 Maybe I should start including MS Connect posts in all my research. 😉

That connect item is in the answer's explaination.

Thanks Ninja,

I read the connect item listed last time this question (or very similar one) was posted , but not this time. That answers if we have seen this before or not.

Either that or my ESPN is WORKIN'! :w00t:

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/14/2011)

SQLkiwi (7/14/2011)

Richard Warr (7/14/2011)

+1 I've seen this from Steve in the last few months. Not 100% sure it was a question but it's high up there.

I'm sure we've seen it recently.

But just to check, and in case it was something slightly different that I remembered, I went to the connect item. I was told I'd already voted for it, so I'm 100% sure I'd seen the connect item before.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (7/15/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (7/14/2011)

SQLkiwi (7/14/2011)

Richard Warr (7/14/2011)

I'm sure we've seen it recently.

But just to check, and in case it was something slightly different that I remembered, I went to the connect item. I was told I'd already voted for it, so I'm 100% sure I'd seen the connect item before.

Same here!

• Awesome question & diagnostics

• Good question. I guessed wrong as backup/restore can get very complicated.

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/

• Nice question, thank you

Regards,

Iulian

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply