Restoring Analysis services SQL 2000

• My analysis services were migrated to MSDB format repository. The server was rebuilt and the MSDB successfully restored. How do I get my new installation to use the MSDB?

I have tried re-migrating Analysis services followed by restoring MSDB. All my Analysis services objects have come back and they can be edited and processed. But whenever I try to browse the data, the system says it is unable to locate the Cube concerned. Help?

• The problem may not be with your MSDB repository. Have you opened the cube editor in Analysis Services and checked the cube's visible property? My bet is that the migration et al has caused AS to set it to 'false'. If this is the case, set it to true and you should be good to go.

hth,

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

• Thanks for the idea, but regretfully all the cubes were still set to visible. Changing visible flag to false, and back, had no effect.

• Think I found a crude fix. I created an entirely new Analysis database, and copied the cubes into it. After processing, they now appear completely visible under all circumstances. Thanks for the thought above though, cheers.

Paul Briggs

Perplexed DBA

• Yeah, I forgot about that fix...since you mentioned it, I remember going that route myself on one occassion...

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply