Restore job failed.

• Hi everyone,

My restore job, which restores a read only database every 2 hrs, has been failing.

following is the error:

Executed as user: NWHSC\sql2000. ALTER DATABASE [PRODbihourly] SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 0)  Nonqualified transactions are being rolled back. Estimated rollback completion: 100%. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 5060)  Cannot open backup device 'G:\SQL\LogShippingFile Not Found'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3201)  RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013)  RESTORE LOG [PRODbihourly]  FROM DISK = 'G:\SQL\LogShippingFile Not Found'  WITH FILE=1 , STANDBY = 'G:\SQL\LogShippingPRODbihourly_ound.TUF' [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 0).  The step failed.

what do i do? there is a lot of space available on the disk.

Thank you,

Sathya.

• Looks like a path error to me "'G:\SQL\LogShippingPRODbihourly_ound.TUF'" should perhaps be "'G:\SQL\LogShipping\PROD\bihourly_ound.TUF'"?

Joe

• Hi Sathya, can you pls confirm that the path G:\Sql\logshippingfile exist i think either the path might be incorrect or the sql agent service account in secondary server might not have modify privileges to the above path in which the copied tran logs are falling from source server.........

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply