Restore

• I am getting the following error during the restore, the thing is i am not getting the error initially but in the final stage, what does this error means?

Executed as user: state\KLevan. ...essage 0) Processes ended normally: 0 [SQLSTATE 01000]

(message 0) Processes could not be ended: 0 [SQLSTATE 01000] (message 0) LiteSpeed(R) for SQL Server

Version 6.0.1.1007 Copyright 2010 Quest Software, Inc. Processed 185808 pages for database 'OBRV', file

'OBRV' on file 1. Processed 8 pages for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200401' on file 1. Processed 36352 pages

for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200402' on file 1. Processed 33312 pages for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200403'

on file 1. Processed 39192 pages for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200404' on file 1. Processed 36600 pages

for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200405' on file 1. Processed 35192 pages for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200406'

on file 1. Processed 37720 pages for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200407' on file 1. Processed 36000 pages

for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200408' on file 1. Processed 37752 pages for database 'OBRV', file 'OBRV_FG200409'

on file 1. Processed 38064 pages for database 'OBRV',... The step failed.

• That doesn't look like a complete error message. Since the error is from LiteSpeed, I'd check the log there and see what you have.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Are you restoring natively, using the Litespeed console, or using a restore job / script created by Litespeed?

Are you restoring to the same box that the backup was made on or a new box?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• I am using litespeed generated script from a sql job and file is located on a different server for which i am using a network path to read the file for restoring.

• What version of Litespeed?

How many files are you trying to restore?

Can you post the script?

EDIT: Almost forgot to ask, does the restoring box have Litespeed installed?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• I still think something occurred during the restore. It looks like litespeed was functioning and the server had access, but something happened. Get to the full error log and I think you'll find the answer.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Maybe connectivity across the network dropped ?

You could try copying the file to the local server, then run the restore locally.

• i works fien when i restore from qry analyser but the script if i run from the job it says "Processes could not be ended:" and says pages processed. but hte database looks fine, not sure why i get this error, its weired.

• On SQL Server's end, you could check the SQL Server errorlog to check if any errors were logged for the restore. You can also check the Windows Event Log, source = SQLVDI, to see if any errors were logged during the time of the restore.

If no errors were logged, then it's most likely an issue with Litespeed. You could run a consistency check on the restored database just to be sure.

SQL BAK Explorer - read SQL Server backup file details without SQL Server.
    Supports backup files created with SQL Server 2005 up to SQL Server 2017.

• Litespeed has a nasty tendancy to fail the sqlmaint.exe during jobs, and sometimes from the console itself. Yet I've never seen the problem in an SSMS query window.

I think it's related to a timeout issue of some sort, but I can't be sure. When was the last time you upgraded Litespeed? Have you checked out their support site to verify whether or not it's a known issue with the version you're using?

• everything looks normal in the error logs except this message which i think is informational.

SQL Server has encountered 2 occurrence(s) of cachestore flush for the 'Bound Trees' cachestore (part of plan cache) due to some database maintenance or reconfigure operations.

• Tara-1044200 (3/24/2011)

everything looks normal in the error logs except this message which i think is informational.

SQL Server has encountered 2 occurrence(s) of cachestore flush for the 'Bound Trees' cachestore (part of plan cache) due to some database maintenance or reconfigure operations.

That sounds like it could have been a collision of something.

Check your jobs history. See if anything else was running on the destination server while you were trying to restore.

• Brandie Tarvin (3/24/2011)

Tara-1044200 (3/24/2011)

everything looks normal in the error logs except this message which i think is informational.

That sounds like it could have been a collision of something.

Check your jobs history. See if anything else was running on the destination server while you were trying to restore.

No collision, the cachestore is flushed any time you restore a database. This is normal and would occur even if you use the native restore command.

If you do not have anything in the SQL Server error log, and nothing in any of the event logs - then you need to enable output on the agent job to capture the full error message.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply