restoration error

• Hi,

my db name is abc.. i hv restored the bckup on tht db.. But in middle i have cancleed the restoration..

After refreshing the respective db, i am getting as db is in 'restoring' position.

once i cancelled the restore command in middle,it should not restore right.. why iam getting as still it is restoring state?

i hv executed: restore database abc with recovery

I am geting as 'The database cannot be recovered because the log was not restored.'

Now i dont hv old backup to continue my restoration.

how to bring that db in normal state?pls help..

Pols.

• Please don't cross post. It just wastes peoples time and fragments replies.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic845222-357-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hi,

I think because of you cancelled database restoration database thats why it gone in inconsistence state

find out the sql processes where which sp id uses restoration operation and kil it i;it will take time.

because of you r restoring full backup not logs (restore database abc with recovery) is not useful.

you need to restore it again;there is no other way to bring this database in normal state.

Regards,
    Shivrudra W

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply