Restart SQL server from CMD

• We have a issue in SQL Server 2017 (RTM-CU21) with SSISDB when a server restart happens SQL server will go into a stopped state and I cannot restart it from the configuration manager

have to run the following command from cmd to start the service

Net Start MSSQLSERVER /T902

how can I make this run automatically when a restart happens?

Thank you !

• My first guess is to check the sql account

Did you do an in place upgrade?

Can you run: Select name, physica_name from sys.master_files where database_id = DB_ID('ssisdb')

• You can review the SQL Server logs through notepad to see why SQL Server is not starting.  My guess is that you have added one or more trace flags incorrectly and that is blocking the service from starting normally.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• if you need to add a trace flag you do it through configuration manager so it is there whenever the instance starts.

net start does not support parameters - it will just start the service using the parameters defined for that service from its configuration.

As Jeffrey mentioned the logs will tell you why it didn't start (most times), potentially the event log will have further info.

One of the "normal" reasons for SQL not to start on a server restart is that the Time Service sometimes starts after SQL Server and this can cause issues with domain authentication - but if it fails to start from configuration manager issue is likely to be another one.

• THis is the error I get

Script level upgrade for database 'master' failed because upgrade step 'SSIS_hotfix_install.sql' encountered error 3602, state 251, severity 25. This is a serious error condition which might interfere with regular operation and the database will be taken offline. If the error happened during upgrade of the 'master' database, it will prevent the entire SQL Server instance from starting. Examine the previous errorlog entries for errors, take the appropriate corrective actions and re-start the database so that the script upgrade steps run to completion.

Cannot recover the master database. SQL Server is unable to run. Restore master from a full backup, repair it, or rebuild it. For more information about how to rebuild the master database, see SQL Server Books Online.

I created a new SSIS catalog and imported a package, instead of database restore.But still it show the same error.

Let me know what else I can try. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  SQLAddict01.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  SQLAddict01.
  • This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply