Restarat the MSSQL Services

• Hi All

Just want to setup disaster recovery setup.

for this I have restored system databases from production server to disaster server.

I have restored system databases by using "sqlservr -c -m -f" option.

after when I restart the services through service manager i am getting following error.

Anyone help me to fix this issue.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf: Operating system error 112(There is not enough space on the disk.) encountered.

Regards,

Mohanraj Jayaraman

• and... how much free space do you have in drive C:?

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • Paul's got it. tempdb is recreated, might not have enough space for that on your system or even logging.

• 17 GB free space available

• And, what is the size of tempdb in your production system?

You probably should move tempdb to another drive that has enough space available. Is the disaster recovery system setup exactly the same as your production system? If so, where is tempdb located?

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply