Resource Governor Limits?

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Resource Governor Limits?

• Good question thanks, never used this feature so learned something new.

• Great!

😉

• Wouldn't this depend on whether the limit is set with MAX_CPU_PERCENT or CAP_CPU_PERCENT?

Just because you're right doesn't mean everybody else is wrong.

• Indeed. The "limit" in this question is ambiguous. I would assume the limit on CPU using resource govenor would be the hard cap limit, not the maximum gauranteed CPU.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Yet another feature in SQL Server that we haven't used on any of our production servers.

Are there anyone out there that uses this feature frequently? I would imagine that people would rather add more resources to their servers instead of restricting resources for certain groups or individuals.

• Richard Hendrick (5/12/2016)

Indeed. The "limit" in this question is ambiguous. I would assume the limit on CPU using resource govenor would be the hard cap limit, not the maximum gauranteed CPU.

+1

• Thank you Steve. Something I needed to learn today so I very much appreciate the question.

• sipas (5/12/2016)

Richard Hendrick (5/12/2016)

Indeed. The "limit" in this question is ambiguous. I would assume the limit on CPU using resource govenor would be the hard cap limit, not the maximum gauranteed CPU.

+1

+1, but thanks Steve for an interesting question.

• Good points, clarified the question.

• Great question. Bob is always causing trouble with the SQL Server.

- webrunner

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• Meaning limiting the CPU to 25% with MAX_CPU_PERCENT has no effect & was ignored somehow!

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• Terje Hermanseter (5/12/2016)

Yet another feature in SQL Server that we haven't used on any of our production servers.

Me neither.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply