Resource Governor 2014

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Resource Governor 2014

• good explanation, thanks steve for QOD.

• Great question, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Stewart "Arturius" Campbell (5/7/2015)

Good to know what can and can't be done with Resource Govenor.

Thanks for the question, Steve

+1 Great question Steve.

Everything is awesome!

• Thanks, Steve! Another great question.

- webrunner

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• The research to answer the question correctly was very interesting! Thanks for the question.

• Thank you for the post, Steve, really good one. I really took lot of time (really lot) just to understand the question... then I realized RG can control CPU, Memory... that kind of stuff... but log writes...? I got green. 🙂

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Good question, but ...

The first three options are obviously incorrect (the first two because restricting log writes isn't possible, the third because there's no such thing as MAX_IOPS_PERCENTAGE, the nearest thing is MAX_IOPS_PER_VOLUME) and the fourth one is correct. SO as far as that goes, teh correct answer is teh right answer.

But the fourth one doesn't suggest anything one might do to fix the problem that is the subject of the question, so althought it is a corect answer it's an absolutely useless one for a DBA confronted by the problem - he'd be better off looking up how to do the third option and discovering what he could do instead. I don't think that would lead anyone to suggest that the tird option is the correct answer, it seems obvious that the fourth one is the one the question is ooking for, but it is rather a pity that no way forward for teh DBA's problem is indicated.

Tom

• Stewart "Arturius" Campbell (5/7/2015)

+ 1

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• Dana Medley (5/7/2015)

Stewart "Arturius" Campbell (5/7/2015)

+1 Great question Steve.

I agree. BTW, still love your avatar.

• V Nice Question. The best part to solve Steve Jone's questions are , we need to read this thoroughly and carefully.

Keep posting more exciting questions, Steve!

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply