Resource Govenor for CPU usage

• I need to set up a resource governor to restrain CPU use on one of my instances. But though I can find lots of articles telling me that I can do this, I can't find any that show code for the workload group. I've tried a number of things but because I'm writing queries for this attempt, the workload group won't create properly given that the queries aren't schema binding.

Does anyone have any advice or a link to any articles that can provide what I need?

EDIT: To clarify, I'm trying to restrict one database's CPU usage. I just found a way to change the default resource pool, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Brandie,

Would you post some of your scripting so we can get a better sense of how you are going about it?  Also, in case it solves the problem, you can set the MAXDOP database setting (as opposed to the server MAXDOP setting.)

--Will

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply