Reportviewer 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

• I'm getting the following error:

The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

...when I try to use a reportviewer control from a web application.

I've tried to add the group on the report server of NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE and have a 'browser' role.

That didn't work.

I've tried to use:

This just gives me an error of:

The permissions granted to user 'servername\username' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

...where the username is the Windows user account for anonymous access

I've even given 'servername\username' a group on the report server and a 'browser' role, but I stil get the same error as above.

Any suggestions?

• Chip,

Don't know if you got this working yet. If not, a few questions:

1. Is your web app with ReportViewer control on a different server than SSRS?

2. What is the IIS version used? IIS5 - Win 2000? IIS6 - Win 2003?

3. What is the authentication scheme used by the web app (i.e., in web.config)

If I remember right, across servers, NT AUTHORITY\Network Services translates to

DOMAIN\MACHINENAME$ (yes, $ at end).

You might try to give SSRS permissions to that account to see if it works.

Regards,

Scott Thornburg

• Hi Chip,

I recently worked through the same issue that you are now facing.

What I did was set the credentials (a valid windows account) in the web page.

See below:

Me.ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerCredentials = New ReportServerCredentials( _

ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("CSUID"), _

ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("CSPWD"), _

ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("CSDomain"))

The credentials class:

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic

Imports Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms

Imports System.Net

Public Class ReportServerCredentials

Implements IReportServerCredentials

Private _username As String

Private _password As String

Private _domain As String

Public Sub New(ByVal userName As String, ByVal password As String, ByVal domain As String)

_username = userName

_password = password

_domain = domain

End Sub

Public Function GetFormsCredentials(ByRef authCookie As System.Net.Cookie, ByRef userName As String, ByRef password As String, ByRef authority As String) As Boolean Implements Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.IReportServerCredentials.GetFormsCredentials

authCookie = Nothing

userName = Nothing

password = Nothing

authority = Nothing

Return False

End Function

Public ReadOnly Property ImpersonationUser() As System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity Implements Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.IReportServerCredentials.ImpersonationUser

Get

Return Nothing

End Get

End Property

Public ReadOnly Property NetworkCredentials() As System.Net.ICredentials Implements Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.IReportServerCredentials.NetworkCredentials

Get

Return New NetworkCredential(_username, _password, _domain)

End Get

End Property

End Class

• Thanks to both of you for the posts!

I ended up using this certain report as "remote" mode instead of "local" mode in the reportviewer control since it had a parameter, and it turns out my SQL statement was trying to run as dbo.

I'll try your suggestions as well.

Thanks!

Chip

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply