ReportServer.dbo.Users table question

• In SQL 2008, ReportServer database, what is the purpose of Users table and how it is being populated.

I did remove few users from ReportManager URL and still this table lists those users.

• Late answer but this table stores any user who has interacted with any reports on the reportserver. Anytime a new user accesses the reporting services web app, that user gets stored.

• Thanks much. You cleared my big question.

Now, Users table also has users who are no longer in the system and maybe even removed from SQL. So, when i take a report permission for all reports, it gives incorrect results. It shows a user having permission, but in SSRS url, that user is not present in security.

Any way to get accurate results or way to fix users table

• No problem. The users table is just a list, it does not maintain permissions, and deleting users will have no effect.

Security is actually managed through SQL. If you open MMS, instead of connecting to the Database Engine, drop down the server type and change it to Reporting Services and connect to that. Under security, open roles and you'll see the different permission types.

Are these users being disabled in you active directory? Your SSRS site will follow AD credentialing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply