ReportServer.dbo.FindObjectsNonRecursive running very slowly

• I have an SSRS catalog that has about 1,200 reports, of which 800 of them are in a single folder

On our production server (2008 EE 64-bit), when opening up the Report Manager in IE/Chrome it loads very fast, and when clicking on the folder with the 800 reports in it, it loads the page with the reports in 1-2 seconds.

I recently built 3 new servers (2014 EE 64-bit, with much better hardware) and restored the same production reporting database to each. I used the exact same configuration settings; loaded up the Report Manager and when navigating to the folder with 800 reports in it, it takes around 22 seconds to pull up the page.

From the trace I found that the ReportServer.dbo.FindObjectsNonRecursive procedure is being called. I checked the fragmentation and statistics, and all are ok...

What could be causing this procedure to take so long to run?

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Hi MyDoggieJess,

Is the production server on the same domain as the three new servers by any chance?

The stored procedure FindObjectNonRecursive has two calls to a scalar function SUSER_SNAME() which verifies if the SID is valid against the domain, which could be the root cause.

I came across something similar to you and wrote a blog post about it not long ago! Take a look at https://www.koder.ly/2020/05/15/ssrs-report-manager/ and let me know if that helps or not.

Kind regards,

JeffNg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply