ReportingService API for adding user and assigning role dynamically

• ReportingService API for adding a user dynamically(His WINDOWS USER Account) and also to set some roles to user. How can we capture the windows user account name and pass it to the API.

Please let me know the API method of reportingservice2005 namespace.

How to create using the windows user name for the user who should be added to report server with some roles.

Please let me know on this.

Thanks For Your Cooperation.

• First make it in your mind that you can give access to same domain users only.

This is possible by using Reporting Services Web Service Interface.

i.e. http://ReportServerName/ReportServer/ReportService.asmx

By using Web Service SOAP API Call you can do the same. As we did the same thing in our application previously.

Try to find more help on ReportService.asmx

All the best

Sandip Shinde

• Thanks for the reply. es i am clear with the usage of report server in the domain.

I am actually looking at the api to add a user dynamically and set him some roles while he is launching report builder from the website.

I am searching for the code piece to implement this addition of users(using windows username) to the report server dynamically.

I should be able to to set that user to launch the report builder(setting the permissions on the click event in website) and once it is launched he should only get access to a folder where he can see a folder which he can save and open his adhoc reports.

The folder which he is using should be created using the format WINDOWSUSERNAME_ADHOCREPORTS.

These are the two requirements which iam fighting like anything to resolve.

Please pass some code if you have, that could be of great help.

Thanks For Your Cooperation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply