Reporting Services user can't run multiple reports simultaneously

• Hi all. New to Reporting Services, been a SQL DBA for a while now. First up, my apologies if this topic has already been covered elsewhere.

I have to migrate Reporting Services from 2000 to 2005. For the most part it's been relatively easy, but I have one problem remaining. On the 2000 server, a user can connect, open two IE windows and run two seperate reports simultaneously.

On the 2005 RS, if the user tries to do that, the second window will just hang until the first is finished, and then runs.

Some of the business people really hammer the reports in the morning and not being able to run more than one report at once is proving to be a big issue.

If anyone can tell me where to set this config, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

S

• For reports that are run with a defined set of parameters every week you might consider data driven reports.

CEWII

• Hi Elliot.

We already have a number of those, and scheduled where possible, but there are about 50 reports where the users need flexibility in terms of date ranges, locations, departments etc. If we set up all possible combinations as data driven reports it would number in the thousands, and maintenance would be an impossible job.

The old 2000 server didn't suffer from this problem, so I'm sure I'm just missing some config item somewhere...

• Found the issue.

It's an IIS configuration problem. Open IIS Manager and open the properties box for Application Pools.

On the Performance tab is an option to limit kernel request queue. Default value is 1000, changed to 4000, problem solved.

• Good to hear you found it cus I swear that wasn't the way it was supposed to work..

CEWII

• Thanks for the tip! I've had this issue for awhile now and the users have not complained, but this fixed it for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply