Reporting Services Subscription: Special character in email address

• Hi

How can an email address containing a special character (in this case, an ampersand) be added to a RAP/SSRS/SQL Server Reporting Services Subscription via the SSRS Front-End please?

Frontend: Open RAP > Right Click the relevant Report > select Manage > select Subscriptions > click Edit for the existing subscription.

I've tried the following in the email address:

using the & = no error occurs, but no email is sent/received

using %26 instead of the & = Failure sending mail: Syntax error in parameters or arguments. The server response was: #5.1.3 Invalid character ('%') in username.Mail will not be resent.

double quotes around entire email address ("...") = Failure sending mail: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.Mail will not be resent.

using \& instead of & = Failure sending mail: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.Mail will not be resent.

• The subscription configuration, including email addresses, are encoded as XML so your ampersand will be encoded to

&

You can see this in the ReportServer.dbo.Subscriptions table ExtensionSettings column.  I don't think trying to escape your ampersand in the Report Manager will help and unless there is a bug in reporting services there's no reason it shouldn't work as is.

I'd suggest having a look at the reporting services logs to see if they show anything and if all looks good there raise a ticket with your exchange admin.

Sorry if that's not much help, but I'm fairly certain the front end input isn't the issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply