I'm struggling with a rare problem in the mail address in subscriptions in Reporting Services.
Here in Denmark we, like in many other countries, have some special characters like æøå. I have noticed that subscriptions fail when the name of the person, or the mail address contain one of these characters. It could be like "Jørgen Ørum <jørgen@ærø.dk>". I don't know if he exist.
These characters are fully legal to use, but it seems that SSRS does not yet support them. Is gives this error:
"Failure sending mail: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address. Mail will not be resent."
I have tried to HTML-encode the string, with no luck.
That is rather critical, and maybe there is someone out there who found a solution to this problem, and Google simply gave no hint.