Reporting Services Login

• I had this working before, but now I'm getting a RS Login box that pops up whenever I try to deploy a project.

I'm deploying directly to localhost/reportserver and am being prompted for a login box (nothing I try allows me to login, domain admin account,etc).

Anyone have some pointers on how I might go about isolating the problem and fixing it?

-Terry

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I am having the same behavior but had no luck so far.

I have tried also anonymous authentication without success.

It have been a long time since the original post do you had any solution?

Thanks,

Antonio Mendonca

• I am having the same problem as well, except I am able to Deploy, but always get a login screen each time I access a report. None of the settings in IIS or setting up an Execution account in Reporting Services configuration helped.

However, when I tried to login to a shared network folder on this machine, I got the same login. I believe that this is a Windows issue, and not Reporting Services. If anyone can get to the bottom of this, please let us know!

• All of my reports are internally used, so I just did the horribly bad route and changed the login to a domain account with rights to everything and left it be.

Bad way of doing things, but it works, and like I said, it's 100% internal use (~10 people tops have access to the network that the server is on so security isn't tantamount for me).

-Terry

• I have reinstalled IIS, SQLServer and Reporting Services, the previous time I have stopped the SQL and Reporting Services in order to avoid restarts when installing SQL Server service pack 2 .

I can't tell what corrected the problem the reinstalation of IIS or not stopping the services, but It is sworking now.

Antonio Mendonca

• I am not very sure about this......

Under Reporting Service Configuration Manager

For the Execution Account if you uncheck 'Specificy and execution account' it may not ask for the user id and password

• I 've had this because I was deploying to:

http://MyServer/reports

instead of

http://MyServer/reportserver

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply