Reporting Services Error

• Hi,

We installed SQL Server 2005 reporting services as below

1.Installed the reporting services 64 bit with file only option (installation path d:\microsoft sql server) - Successful

2.Installed SP3 64 bit - Successful

3.Configured the Reporting Services using Report server Configuration manager - Successfull

4.http://localhost/reportserver - Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.4035.00

5.http://localhost/reports - here Iam getting the following error

Server Error in '/Reports' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An error occurred while parsing the configuration file. The ReportServerVirtualDirectory element is missing.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: An error occurred while parsing the configuration file. The ReportServerVirtualDirectory element is missing.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: An error occurred while parsing the configuration file. The ReportServerVirtualDirectory element is missing.]

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.ThrowElementMissing(String element) +74

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.UIConfiguration.ParseXML(XmlNode node, RSConfiguration configObject) +1640

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.ParseDocument() +1270

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.Load() +90

[ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. See the report server log files for more information.]

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfiguration.Load() +316

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RSConfigurationManager..ctor(String configFileName, String configLocation) +191

Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.Global.get_ConfigurationManager() +157

Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Please advice me

• Yeah,

I cracked the mistry as below.It all about modifying the RSWebApplication.config file in Reportmanager.

Steps:

1. I compared the currently running reporting services configurarion with my newly installed Reporting services

2. I checked the RSWebApplication.config file in Reportmanager in currently running Server. It is as below

Code Snippet

Configuration

UI

ReportServerUrl></ ReportServerUrl

ReportServerVirtualDirectory>ReportServer</ReportServerVirtualDirectory

ReportBuilderTrustLevel>FullTrust</ReportBuilderTrustLevel

/UI

3.I checked the RSWebApplication.config file in Reportmanager in newly installed server. It is as below

Code Snippet

Configuration

UI

ReportServerUrl></ReportServerUrl

ReportServerVirtualDirectory>/ReportServerVirtualDirectory

/UI

4. Compare 2 n 3. In 3, ReportServer is missing (in the quoted line)

5. I added the ReportServer in step 3.

6.Everything is working fine now.

BUT WHY THE INSTALLATION DID NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY IN THE NEW SERVER? ANY IDEA? ANY KIND OF BUG?

I appreciate your inputs

Thanks

• Yeah,

I cracked the mistry as below.It all about modifying the RSWebApplication.config file in Reportmanager.

Steps:

1. I compared the currently running reporting services configurarion with my newly installed Reporting services

2.I checked the RSWebApplication.config file in Reportmanager in currently running Server. It is as below

Code Snippet

Configuration

UI

ReportServerUrl></ ReportServerUrl

ReportServerVirtualDirectory>ReportServer</ReportServerVirtualDirectory

/UI

3.I checked the RSWebApplication.config file in Reportmanager in newly installed server. It is as below

Code Snippet

Configuration

UI

ReportServerUrl></ReportServerUrl

ReportServerVirtualDirectory>/ReportServerVirtualDirectory

/UI

4. Compare 2 n 3. In 3, ReportServer is missing see the quoted line above.

5. I added the ReportServer in step 3.

6.Everything is working fine now.

BUT WHY THE INSTALLATION DID NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY IN THE NEW SERVER? ANY IDEA? ANY KIND OF BUG?

I appreciate your inputs

Thanks

• hi,

I do not know why some of the code is missing here. Iam typing here again

Yeah,

• Thanks a lot. I made the changes in the RSWebApplication.config as you indicated. The report manager is now loading correctly. There is definitely an error in the code.

I haven't a clue about programming and was pulling my hair out.

Just wanted to say thanks!!!!!!

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply