Reporting Services

• Why I ask is that I have written 22 Financial reports for our finance and sales departments.

The IT Dept dedicated 2 months of my time, for me to educate myself on the Financial and sales data and produce these reports. Initial request was for 5 Reports. How it got up to 22 I do not know.

But the bottom line is now that they are written I do not believe they are being used.

I would like a simple way of knowing if these reports are being used?

• This query will give you the info

SELECT

ex.UserName, ex.Format, ex.TimeStart, cat.Name, ex.Parameters, CONVERT(nvarchar(10), ex.TimeStart, 101) AS rundate

FROM ExecutionLog AS ex INNER JOIN

Catalog AS cat ON ex.ReportID = cat.ItemID

ORDER BY ex.TimeStart DESC

Ref: http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1306

Hope this is what you are looking for

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Check the [Total Executions] and other statistics for each report:

SELECT Catalog.Name AS Report_Name,

AVG(ExecutionLog.TimeDataRetrieval) AS AVG_QueryTime,

MIN(ExecutionLog.TimeDataRetrieval) AS MIN_QueryTime, MAX(ExecutionLog.TimeDataRetrieval) AS MAX_QueryTime,

STDEV(ExecutionLog.TimeDataRetrieval) AS SD_QueryTime, AVG(ExecutionLog.TimeProcessing) AS AVG_ProcessTime,

MIN(ExecutionLog.TimeProcessing) AS MIN_ProcessTime, MAX(ExecutionLog.TimeProcessing) AS MAX_ProcessTime,

STDEV(ExecutionLog.TimeProcessing) AS SD_ProcessTime, AVG(ExecutionLog.TimeRendering) AS AVG_RenderTime,

MIN(ExecutionLog.TimeRendering) AS MIN_RenderTime, MAX(ExecutionLog.TimeRendering) AS MAX_RenderTime,

STDEV(ExecutionLog.TimeRendering) AS SD_RenderTime, AVG(ExecutionLog.ByteCount) AS AVG_ReportrSize, AVG(ExecutionLog.[RowCount])

AS AVG_RowCount, MIN(ExecutionLog.[RowCount]) AS MIN_RowCount, MAX(ExecutionLog.[RowCount]) AS MAX_RowCount,

COUNT(ExecutionLog.ReportID) AS [Total Executions]

FROM ExecutionLog INNER JOIN

Catalog ON ExecutionLog.ReportID = Catalog.ItemID

WHERE Catalog.Type=2 -- Report only

GROUP BY Catalog.Name

• Awesome guys

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply