Reporting Services 2005 Tabling question

• Hi,

I am working on a Reporting Services 2005 report where a Senior Developer is going to provide me with the data that will be a comprehensive listing of all the database (user defined I believe) objects on our SQL Server. That is, databases, tables, procs, functions, columns, column types etc. etc. will all be shown in a single report. My question is what would be the best way to do this in Reporting Services 2005.

Also, note, he says that the data must be returned in multiple datasets. This complicates the issue and I was wondering if sub reports were going to be required or if I could nest the information in tables.

I assume the structure should look like the below, but correct me please if I'm wrong.

Database 1

----Table 1

--------Column 1

--------Column 2

--------Column 3

----Table 2

--------Column 1

--------Column 2

--------Column 3

----Stored Procedure 1

--------Parameter 1

--------Parameter 2

--------Parameter 3

----Stored Procedure 2

--------Parameter 1

--------Parameter 2

--------Parameter 3

----Function 1

--------Parameter 1

--------Parameter 2

--------Parameter 3

----Function 2

--------Parameter 1

--------Parameter 2

--------Parameter 3

Database 2

----Table 1

--------Column 1

Thanks for your help,

Aktikt

• I found a set of reports that provides the type of functionality you are looking for. It's part of the online tools for the Kimball Microsoft Data Warehouse Toolkit.

The page is here. Scroll down and click on "Data Profiling Tools". It links to a zip file that contains a whole project that provides a complete profile of a database, tables, columns, etc.

I think that would be a good place for you to start.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply