Reporting service sql2005 cluster configuration

• Hi All,

For a project I need to install the the Reporting service on an MS cluster.

Reporting service is not cluster aware by default but should be in our case.

Has any one experience with doing that?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Khata.

• You can install the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases onto a clustered instance of SQL Server, however if you want to make the RS web services load balanced / fault tolerant then you'll have to install the RS web services onto a Web Farm that consists of two or more web servers.

Chris

• khata,

This is my Q4 '06 fun project.  I'm just getting started with figuring out how to do HA with reporting services.  I'm going to have it figured out by the end of the year.  If you're still interested in the results, I'll get back to you then.

Maybe we could keep in touch and discuss some interim results.

Anybody else have any suggestions?  I'm going to implement RS for a .NET web-facing application that is curently running on 4 NLB-clustered web servers.  The current reporting solution is going away when I'm all done.

I don't want to pay for 8 CPU licenses of SQL 2005 EE, so I'm planning on having a single server to generate the reports.  I don't expect a great deal of resource usage for the reports, so I'm thinking I will be OK with 1 server.

I do want some type of HA solution for this single server, however.  Already have the SQL2000 back-end clustered and more room on the SAN.  I have a decent budget for getting a few more servers when I have it figured out.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction?

thx jg

• I'm looking forward to see some solutions...:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply