Reporting Service sp2 and Sharepoint Installation Woes

• I'm trying to install sp2 for reporting services on a server along side sharepoint, I've followed the knowledge base article to exclude the directories and change the web config file and it seems to work fine on sp1. On installing sp2 it all goes wrong, I've managed to get it bring up the report manager but on running a report I always get the same error:

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help Could not load type Microsoft.ReportingServices.Interfaces.IRenderStream from assembly Microsoft.ReportingServices.Interfaces, Version=8.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91.

This entry is in the log each time a report is run:

3wp!webserver!ab8!10/19/2005-15:01:45:: e ERROR: Internal error: System.TypeLoadException: ?

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderReport(HttpResponseStreamFactory streamFactory)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderReport()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderItem(ItemType itemType)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderItem()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPageContent()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPage()

w3wp!library!ab8!10/19/2005-15:01:45:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details., ;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.TypeLoadException: ?

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderReport(HttpResponseStreamFactory streamFactory)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderReport()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderItem(ItemType itemType)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderItem()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPageContent()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportServiceHttpHandler.RenderPage()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

noticed earlier in the log theres this issue when starting up:

w3wp!library!ab8!10/19/2005-14:57:52:: i INFO: Call to GetSystemPermissions

w3wp!library!ab8!10/19/2005-14:57:52:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The Report Server has encountered a configuration error; more details in the log files, Email Provider has no server or pickup directory specified;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The Report Server has encountered a configuration error; more details in the log files

w3wp!extensionfactory!ab8!10/19/2005-14:57:54:: e ERROR: Exception caught instantiating report server extension: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The Report Server has encountered a configuration error; more details in the log files

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.EmailDeliveryProvider.EmailProvider.SetConfiguration(String configInfo)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.ExtensionClassFactory.GetNewExtensionInstance(String extensionName, String extensionType).

I've checked the dll versions in the reporting services folder and the asp.net cache and the assemblies folder and they all seem to be ok, there doesn’t seem to be anything on the net about this other than deleting the contents of an assemblys folder under local settings, which doesn’t exist as far as I can tell?? This has happened on every server I've had sharepoint on so there must be something I'm missing out here?? The only thing that I have had trouble with is running rsactivate which always seems to error, does this need to be run after sp2?

Phil Nicholas

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I was looking for this exact problem. Any ideas?

• From what I remember I redeployed the reports and it was Ok.

Phil Nicholas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply