Reporting server error : An error has occurred during report processing

• we are migrating our database and report server from SQL 2005 to SQL 2012 and we have move DB to new server.

we have 2 server, 1 db server , 2 reporting server, and we are accessing reports from our application on server 3 , on report rendering , app server talks to reporting server to generate report and reporting server talks to db server to get data.

i have configured the reporting server to AD user. We also have deployed reports to SQL 2012 reporting server.

we call our reports from application itself.

when we configured report server , we were able to get reports from application side. we have installed SQL 2012 SP1 recently and we are getting below error.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'data_source_name'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

i check that AD user we are using, is a sysadmin on both db and reporting server.

Any help will be appreciated.

• its because the app server (1) is passing credentials to SSRS (2) and then onto the DB (3).

the credentials can only hop 2 times. not 3.

we got around this issue by install IIS on the SSRS server and generating a report list that the application calls.

the other way around this is to install SSRS on your web front end server.

• Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

but currently our 2005 setup is the same, and it works fine.

in fact it was working till we install sp1 on sql2012.

• my bad. I assumed you were upgrading your enviroment by adding a server.

have you rolled back SP1 yet to see if that allows your app to start working again?

• One correction here,

even when i run reports from reporting url from machine where reporting services are installed i am getting "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" error.

i can see all reports and data source, i am not able to test connection , it fails using above error.

• We had the same issue in my environment. Setting SPN for reporting services service and updating the config file from NTLM to Kerbros fixed the issue. Please check out this site:http://blogs.technet.com/b/rob/archive/2011/11/23/enabling-kerberos-authentication-for-reporting-services.aspx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply