Reporting on Hierarchical Recursive data using Reporting Services

• Hi,

is there a possibility to use hierarchy grouping in a matrix? The aggregates like SUM with the recursive parameter only recognize the row group (hierarchy) but not the column group (e.g like months). So every column has the same values. Is there a workaround for that issue?

Best regards

Alex

• Thanks Alum. This worked for me like a magic. Thanks again

• Hello everyone,

I have been trying to implement the exact example provided with ASP.NET without luck. I'm getting the following error on the reportviewer control:

* An error occurred during local report processing.

o The report definition for report 'd:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RecursiveReport\RecursiveReport\Report1.rdlc' has not been specified

Any advise would be appreciated in this regard.

Thanks.

• Alexander Kleinwächter (7/30/2008)

Hi,

is there a possibility to use hierarchy grouping in a matrix? The aggregates like SUM with the recursive parameter only recognize the row group (hierarchy) but not the column group (e.g like months). So every column has the same values. Is there a workaround for that issue?

Best regards

Alex

Hi Alex - Did you find a solution to this, we are looking at the same problem.

• Has anyone figured out why the built-in recursive functionality can only accommodate unique relationships?

To stick with the ultra basic example used - if an employee has 3 managers, they will be listed under one of the three, and the other two relationships will be omitted. Is there some way to change this behavior? I sure hope so. If not, this functionality is nearly worthless. Why would they assume that all recursive table relationships are unique?

Thanks-

• Hi

I currently have a hierarchy report (using the Recursive functionality) with multiple levels that is a drill down from the top (parent) to bottom. Here is what I have right now:

Level1 - LV1Value LV1Value .....

----Level2 - LV2Value LV2Value .....

-------Level3 - LV3Value LV3Value .....

The users of this report have requested to get a drill -up version of the above format. This is what they want to see:

--------Level3 - LV3Value LV3Value

----Level2 - LV2Value LV2Value

Level1 - LV1Value LV1Value

Can this be achieved using recursive hierarchy in SSRS? I've been trying to search for this solution for quite some time, but with no luck.

Please help.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply