Report Preview Not all the data is displaying

• Hi Reporting Guru's :hehe:

This report was collecting data from a SQL2000 server.

There is data that was being replicated to this SQL2000 server.

The replication broke because there was huge network connection problems.

The data get replicated from another Country.

In this time when we had the network issues the server was migrated to a new SQL2005 server.

And the network issues is sorted out now and all the data is available on the tables (it took a couple of days the get the data across and to rerun the snapshot), if I run a table (count) compare with the server in the other Country the data is exactly the same.

Below is a example of two expressions in the report:

Old Expression

=sum(Fields!CountSuccess.value/Fields!Hits.Value*100)

New Expression

=IIF(Fields!Hits.Value =0 ,0, sum(Fields!CountSuccess.Value/Fields!Hits.Value*100))

Old Expression

=Fields!CountSuccess.Value/Fields!CountMarketing.Value*100

New Expression

=IIF(Fields!Hits.Value =0 ,0,(Fields!CountSuccess.Value/Fields!CountMarketing.Value*100))

Could this have something to do with the expressions? Some of this data have 0(NULL) values. If you change the date to run the report some of the data display but there is some data that doesn't display at all.

When I am in the Dataset Properties there is a stored procedure getting executed. If i execute this stored procedure in the Query Designer it execute with all the data that I need.

If I execute the stored procedure manually on the database it is working. I declare the necessary

As soon as I run this report in the Report Preview there is some missing data.

I am a DBA :crazy: not a Developer :smooooth: so I have no idea what to do next to get all the data in the report.

The reporting server is SQL2008.

This report collect data from 3 tables that will provide the amount of hits the site got and the amount of downloads that was completed/uncompleted.

I have been struggling with this now for 6 working days between all my other daily work.

Any help will be much appreciated on how to get all the data to display in the report!

Thank you in advance! 😉 :discuss:

• SSRS has the ability to filter data in datasets, so the first place I would look would be to see if the dataset is being filtered.

Next I would look carefully at the parameters you are passing to the SP. It could be that they are in a wrong format and not querying your data as you expect.

• Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your advice.

There is no Filters in the Dataset properties.

I also double checked the parameters that I am executing the stored procedure with all of is in the right format.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• One thing I did forget to mention is to refresh your preview. The dev environment will frequently hold data in cache to show a preview screen faster. After you get your preview screen displayed, click the refresh button.

• Thank you, I did refresh the report but still the same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply