Report Model deployment error: "The required field UserName is missing from the input structure"

• Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy my updated Report Model from my local machine -via Visual Studio- to our report server (let's call it "ReportBox") on our network.

The username we use to connect to ReportBox is the NTLM administrator one.

When I go to deploy the Report Model I'm prompted with the Reporting Services Login

Server: http://ReportBox/ReportService2008 (note we've changed the Web Service URL from the default)

User Name: administrator

Password: xxxxxxxx

This is successful.

I then get a "Password Required" login prompt, which says:

"An user id and password are required to connect to ZZZZ."

User Id: ______

Password: ______

Whichever username/password combination I enter here results in an error (in the Visual Studio "Error List" window) that says:

The required field UserName is missing from the input structure.

Try as I might, I cannot find anything to explain what's happening here, or even which username credentials it's asking for - most examples given for Report Model deployment do not mention the need for entering credentials.

Can anyone help me please??

Thanks,

Peter.

p.s. Here is my ReportModel.smdlproj file, if it helps.

ReportModel.database

ReportModel.database

$base64$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

ZZZZ.ds

ZZZZ.ds

Projects.dsv

Projects.dsv

Projects.smdl

Projects.smdl

Projects

Production Win32

• I deleted the data source I was trying to replace, and it sorted the problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply