Report Missing from Visual Studio 2008

• Hi,

I have 3 reports that run in SQL Server Reporting Services HOWEVER when I try to open the report in Visual Studio 2008 to make a change the report it says it could not file the rdl. It looks like the rdl file hase been deleted.

Is there anyway to create the rdl file from the report in  SQL Server Reporting Services ie like reverse engineering like being able to create a view query from a view?

Many thanks

• les.61 - Friday, April 13, 2018 5:29 PM

Hi,

I have 3 reports that run in SQL Server Reporting Services HOWEVER when I try to open the report in Visual Studio 2008 to make a change the report it says it could not file the rdl. It looks like the rdl file hase been deleted.

Is there anyway to create the rdl file from the report in  SQL Server Reporting Services ie like reverse engineering like being able to create a view query from a view?

Many thanks

From Report Manager, navigate to the report, hover over the report and there is an drop down on the right. From the drop down for the report, select download.

Sue

• Sue

Could not find the dropdown but found this solution that works.

Go to Report on Report Manager, Click properties of report, under the report definition you will see Edit and Update link...if you click on Edit you can open or Save the RDL files.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply