Report doesn't show when changing parameters

• Hi,

I have a problem: I created a report which gets its data from a stored procedure.

Execution time of this procedure is ~40 seconds and executing it in Management Studio works....everytime.

My report shows the output of this procedure...but only the first time I call it. When I change the parameters of the report after viewing it the first time and click "show report" again it says "report is generated"...and nothing more happens.

I thought the problem is the procedure so I tried to add the "WITH RECOMPILE" option but this doesn't help.

Do you know this problem or do you have any ideas?

Thank you!

• i do not have a solution but i experience a similar problems on some reports that have a stored procedure at the back of them.

When i jump to a drilldown report and then return to the main the report stays at "Generating".

If you click on the button 'View Report' again the report should refresh.

• In Design Layout , u will see there are three tabs, 1.Data 2. Layout and 3. preview . Go to Data Tabs. Click on Refresh icons and the Run icons. It pop-up come out for Parameter and values. so fill it with values of Parameter and Run It.

Now When u see the Layout u will get the current stored proc.

It that help u!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply