Report does not update.

• Here I have a strange issue to say the least!

When I make a change to a report (such as deleting a TextBox) within Visual Studio, the change does not take effect on the Report Server.

After I Deploy the report from Visual Studio to the Report Server, the change does not take place.

Have I gone crazy? or is this a known issue?

Kindest Regards,

• Don't know if it's widely known but I've found that if you have the report showing in Report Manager when you deploy the report it seems to keep displaying the cached version of the report.

You could also try closing and restarting your browser to get a new session.

When all else fails ctrl+F5 like crazy until something changes

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Check that report Caching is not enabled for that report.  I have have one instance where i had to delete the report and then re deploy the report to get it to update.   Also it is worth noting that the render in the VS platform is not the same as the render that is used in the reporting services reports manager,  So you can also get some differences in reports from the two different render engines..  Hope this helps

• Phil,

I tried what you said and it worked.

Morty,

How do I check that "Report Caching" is NOT enabled for the Report?

Kindest Regards,

• Not sure if this is related, by my users were having problems with the report being cached on the server.  They would make a data change, but the change wouldn't update on reports, the old value would keep printing.  I checked the execution property page for each report, but the temporary cache was turned off.

The solution was clear the report cache, using a ClearSession parameter (&rs:ClearSession=true) in the URL. 

ie http://SERVER1/reportserver?/ReportFolder/Report1&OrderParameter=ORD000002105&rs:ClearSession=true

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply