Report Development

• Hi to all. I have not worked with SQL for a few years and am not familiar with the new development tools. I have downloaded Visual Studio 2017. I wanted to create a Report Project but do not see this option. Can you point me in the direction of a tool that will allow me to develop reports for SSRS.

Regards,

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• Hi,

I believe you need to download SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools) for this purpose.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssdt/download-sql-server-data-tools-ssdt?view=sql-server-ver15

Thanks,

Debasis

• Hi Phil

In addition to VS you will also need to download SSDT (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sql/ssdt/download-sql-server-data-tools-ssdt?view=sql-server-2017), this will give you the required project types to be able to build a new SSRS solution.

• Hi. Thanks to both. So I have already downloaded SSDT-Setup-ENU.exe + vs_SQL.exe. I originally installed vs_SQL.exe. I have kicked off install of SSDT-Setup-ENU.exe and have selected Database Tools and  SQL Server Reporting Services. I will see what options that gives me. Please advise if this is incorrect.

Many Thanks,

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• Thanks to both. I am up and running.

Phil.

Tommy Cooper

• I was only able to mark one reply as answer...

Tommy Cooper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply