Report Delivery Options in SSRS 2008 R2

• Did anybody else notice this issue.

I don't see "Email" as Report Delivery Option in SSRS 2008 R2 Standard Edition when creating subscriptions for Reports.

I have't checked if the Enterprise Edition offers "Email" as Report Delivery Option along with Windows File Share.

I am upgrading my reports from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008 R2.

The SSRS 2005 is a Standard Edition and I see "Email" as Report Delivery Option along with Windows File Share, but I only see Windows File Share as the Report Delivery Option in SSRS 2008 R2 Standard Edition.

Please share your experience

• Never Mind. I hadn't enabled the Email Setting in SSRS.

I see the "Email" option now.

Thanks

• Just to add little information.

In order to have the email option in Report Delievery option while subscribing to a report, We need to configure few settings. The file rsreportserver.conf (generally stayes at c:\program files\ms sql server\mrs10.mssqlserver\reporting services\reportServer\ or as defined in the system) needed to be configured with proper option defined in <SMTPServer>,<SMTPServerPort>,<From>,<SendUsing> and other tags as required by the adminstrator. After defining correct settings , we can get the email delievery option. Other settings also can be configured at this place.

For for information, you can refer SQL Server Books Online

Correct me bdba in case I missed anything!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply