Report Builder Launch From Webpage.apsx

• Hi,

On click of the button iam able to launch the report builder but before you see the report builder it is prompting for windows credentials of user. I dont want this to happen instead people in the network should be given permission to dynamically. This is specific to report builder.

I am actually calling the report builder application from a web page in .net using the link http://computername/reportserverNew/reportbuilder/reportbuilder.application. when i click on report builder it is getting installed on the local machine and is asking for the credentials to the report server.

I have two conditions which i am looking to resolve:

a. User should not be prompted for credentials when the report builder application is launched.

b. We have many users who will be using the report builder So we cannot keep on adding a new user when he is given permission to. For this can we add the person windows credentials to the report server dynamically and allow him to use the report builder without prompting for any credentials. Do we have some code to do this piece of action.

Please let me know on this.

This is very important for me as iam putting lot of time for this.

Thanks,

Suman

• You will not able to access Report Builder with Cross Domain. Please check this first.

Secondly, Report Builder Access is highly depends on permissions. Create user group & give this group permissions to access report builder.

Make sure when user is launching Report Builder using same windows user account as SSRS are fully using Windows Authentication.

Wish you all the best.

Sandip

• Thanks for the reply.

I actually want to assign roles to users using the object model of ssrs. Can we implement this using programming of reporting services.

Because i need to give access to intranet users dynamically. Who ever access report builder(NOT ALL), his user details should be added to the role of report builder.

I dont want to set this in the report manager, i want to do that using programming of ssrs(object model).

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply