Report acting Differently in SSRS Report Editor and on the Server

• Having a really interesting problem.  I've added a subreport to an existing report, by adding a second detail row, merging the columns and putting the subreport there.  Originally I had the subreport set to hidden and visible by toggling a group button (in y case, Division).  Works, but when I run the report the row displays even if the group is not expanded, which is rather ugly.  So instead of the subreport, I set the row to be hidden and visiable when the Division group is toggled and that works perfectly...but only in the SSRS Report Editor.  When I save the report to the server and run it from there, the Division group does not display at all, neither the data nor the toggle button.  I have no idea what might be causing this behavior,.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  bjlevine99.
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• I figured out my issue.  I wanted the line that the subreport was on to be hidden until the subreport was opened.  To do this, I set the visibility of the subreport to Show and the visibility of that line to Hide, toggled by a specific column.  But the column I had selected was a group level column, so SSRS also included that entire column (the subreport line and the main detail line above it) to start as hidden, and the report wouldn't show that column or the expand button.

When I changed the line visibility to be toggled by one of the detail columns, everything worked fine, in both Report Builder and on the SSRS Server.  Still have no idea why it worked previously in Report Builder.  Another Microsoft "feature".

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply