Replying to a thread

• Is there any possibility, when replying to a thread, the fist post could be visible as well as the latest. I'm currently copying the first post to a taxt file so I can reference table and column names while writing a reply.

Thanks

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Not sure about that. The forum code is a little convoluted and we purchased it. I'll inquire, but the best way to do this is open the reply in a new browser.

• Thanks

Guess I'm too used to forums where when writing a reply, the entire thread is visible.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • What I typically do is what Steve selected. I Ctrl+click on the thread and the Post Reply links to spawn them in new windows.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I have a question to Post in the SqlserverCentral.com for the SQLServer 2005 Reporting services question. Can you tell me how to post it.

This is my question.

I created the Groups with few users domain login assign to the group. I gave the security access in the Reporting Services to allow to group to view and run the Reports. I am not how to give access for these group on Sqlserver 2005. Whenever the user click on the report in Reporting Services they get an access denied error. Your help is really appriciated.

Thanks,

Gopal.

gchandra@napavalley.edu

• Please post this in the Reporting Services area. If you go to the main forum page, select the Reporting Services section and post there.

• Brian, Ctrl-click doesn't always work for me in IE6. For example, Ctrl-click on your web address opens a new window, but Ctrl-click on your name re-uses the same window. Probably depends on the underlying html.

But what does work is a right-click on any link and then select Open in New Window.

• (left) shift-click seems to work for both.

• Well, you learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply