Replication: What Controls When the Subscriber is Syncrhonized

• It's been a while since I set up replication on our 2008R2 Server and I don't remember too much about what I did.  I thought there was a job to update the subscriber and it ran every hour, but I cannot find that one exists.  Further, the subscriber seems to be updated almost immediately.   On our old 2005 server it was set up to update every hour (I thought with a scheduled job).  While it seems great that we have almost immediate synchronization, we actually prefer to have it updated after at least a 30 minute delay.  

What do I need to change to accomplish this?  Is this a property setting that I cannot find or do I need to create a job?

Thanks...

Del Lee

• Del Lee - Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:04 PM

It's been a while since I set up replication on our 2008R2 Server and I don't remember too much about what I did.  I thought there was a job to update the subscriber and it ran every hour, but I cannot find that one exists.  Further, the subscriber seems to be updated almost immediately.   On our old 2005 server it was set up to update every hour (I thought with a scheduled job).  While it seems great that we have almost immediate synchronization, we actually prefer to have it updated after at least a 30 minute delay.  

What do I need to change to accomplish this?  Is this a property setting that I cannot find or do I need to create a job?

Thanks...

You remember correctly. It's done through a job - already created. Which job depends on the type of replication and type of subscription. Just check and update the schedule for the job. Sounds like yours is setup to run continuously. Just change it to daily recurring every 30 mins - or longer if you want. 
    This will tell you what job to check based on the type of replication:
    Specify Synchronization Schedules

Sue

• Thanks so much for your help, Sue!

Del Lee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply