Replication Rights

• Hello,

I would like to have someone be able to monitor replication jobs without giving them full admin rights. Is there any way that someone can see and manage replications jobs without being added to the SysAdmin role? thanks

Keith

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Does anybody have any thoughts or recommendations? thanks

Keith

• Hi Keith!

It depends on what you want to do!

The answer is in SQL Server Books OnLine: see Role Requirements! See the tables!

Role Requirements

Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 replication restricts the specific actions that a user can perform based on the role mapped to the user's login. Replication has granted certain permissions to the sysadmin server role, the db_owner database role, and the logins in the publication access list (PAL) (...)

Xau, Cláudia

Regards,

Cláudia Rego

www.footballbesttips.com

• Most admin of replication requires sysadmin rights, but for your purposes have a look at the replmonitor role in the distribution database.

Rgds,

Paul Ibison, SQL Server MVP

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• Thanks for the responses. The replmonitor role worked great until I was then told to make sure the user could run merge agents. After reading through Books Online again I couldn't find any other way to make those rights available without giving them sysadmin rights. If anybody is aware of anything else please let me know, but mainly I wanted to post this so everyone could see the result. thanks again.

Keith

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply