Replication got Failed due to ''sa'' password change

• Hi,

Is anybody knows that how to set replication back after changing 'sa' password.  I dont think dropping the whole replication and re creating it freshly doesn't make any sense.  I am just looking for the exact location where I need to set 'sa' password for Replication. I am troubleshooting this from past 4 days but still no solution. 

I am using SQL Server 2000 with SP 3a and Transactional Replication with Pull Subscriptions.

Thanks in advance-Mubeen

• Mubeen,

look from EM ,under Tools-replication-Configure Publishing,Subscribers and Distribution...

if sa account used on any of the tabs ,it needs to be changed there too.

HTH

-JP

• JP,

I have changed in Publisher & Distributor Properties, i.e., in Publishers Tab and Subscribers Tab wherever sa is using.  After updating with new password I started agents again and it was worked fine and within minutes one of my pull subscription got failed. If I look in Subscriber Server and in Jobs, there is a job with category 'REPL-Distribution' failed. So when I look in Job Step, the login is using 'sa' and password in encrypted.  How can I update there...?

Thanks-Mubeen

• Can you send me the step cmd of distribution agent that is failing? Also the job history details.

Thanks.

• This happened to me before too.  Take a look under Tools\Replication\Configure Publishing, Subscribers, & Distribution.  Go to the Subscribers tab and hit the elipsis button to see the login name and password being used.  I changed it to a different account so that I wouldn't have to worry about changing the sa account.

Linda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply