Replication failed

• Hi, I am trying to setup the transactional replication between Server A and Server B cross WAN networks.

Server A is running SQL Server 2005 and Server B is running SQL Server 2000.

During initial creation of publication from Server A to replicate the Server B. I run into a problems.

The Server B SQL Server 2000 log file will keep incrasing until the disk is full and causing the publication to fail.

I run the following scripts before perform the replications:

• BACKUP LOG swdatabase WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY
    • DBCC SHRINKFILE (swdatabase_log, 200)

Please kindly helps!!!  Thank you.

Here are the errors:

- Adding article 103 of 103 (Error)

· SQL Server Management Studio could not create article 'Data'. (New Publication Wizard)

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

The log file for database 'Sweetwater' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

Changed database context to 'Sweetwater'.

The statement has been terminated. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 9002)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=08.00.0194&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=9002&LinkId=20476

· SQL Server Management Studio could not create article 'DataToCopy'. (New Publication Wizard)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

The log file for database 'Sweetwater' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

Changed database context to 'Sweetwater'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 9002)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=08.00.0194&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=9002&LinkId=20476

SQL Server Management Studio could not create article 'Device'. (New Publication Wizard)

• I have never set up transactional replication, only log shipping, but assuming that the replication is working, try setting up a transaction backup job for the sweetwater database every hour on Server B.  Remember to switch the "remove backups older than" on and specify a period that will keep your disk clean.  You can adjust the backup period and the remove period depending on your disk space and restore needs.

5ilverFox
    Consulting DBA / Developer
    South Africa

• Please do not cross post.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=146&messageid=334856

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply