Replication error but no error???

• Hi there,

I'm sitting with a weird error on Replication...

One of my tables which was replicated, was removed from replication. After the first reboot of the distribution server, an error came up... There are no errors on the publisher or subscriber...

The replication monitor shows there is an error, but there is no error!!! One of the publishers & the snapshot agents folder reports it. Drilling down to the actual objects, you can't find an object with an error...

Is there a way I can remove this??

Thanks in advance!!

• Hey, have you looked in your agent history?  If it hasn't been too long, the error should still show up in your agent history details.  This'll probably give you more information that you can use to troubleshoot.  Post details back and I'll give my opinion.

Are you using merge replication?

• I had the same problem. There were errors but they were since resolved. However, they still showed as having errors. Makes it kind of tough to know when a new error comes up...

Anyway, try stopping and then starting the agent. Open Replication Monitor, select the main agent category (like Distribution Agents), find the agent with the error on it, right-click, select Stop, verify it's stopped, right-click, select Start.

That should clear out the error mark. If it's still there, then the error has not been resolved yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply